The results are in! 145 votes were cast and the winner is Monday’s Not Coming by Tiffany D. Jackson. In this YA thriller, author Jackson spins a tale of murder, neglect, and systemic racism, all told through the lens of a middle school aged girl. Jackson is also the author of Allegedly and Let Me Hear a Rhyme. Her fourth title, Grown, will be released on September 15, 2020.
As a result of Covid-19, we had to switch things up regarding the 2020 Teen Reader’s Choice Award. Because we understand the importance of literacy and the joy of reading, it was decided to continue with this year’s award program although in a different format. All five of the TRCA titles were available through various locations as ebooks or audiobooks and this information was relayed to CCRCE staff and students. The voting period was also extended this year and made available online at our blog.
Voting ended on Saturday, June 6th, and CCRCE library staff is pleased to report that 145 students cast their votes. The results are as follows.
- Monday’s Not Coming by Tiffany D. Jackson (45)
- Sweep: The Story of a Girl and Her Monster by Jonathan Auxier (43)
- Pumpkinheads by Rainbow Rowell, illustrated by Faith Erin Hicks (26)
- The Field Guide to the North American Teenager by Ben Philippe (18)
- The Unwanted: Stories of the Syrian Refugees by Don Brown (13)
CCRCE Library Services would like to extend a huge thank you to all participating students for making this program a great success regardless of the coronavirus epidemic. It couldn’t have happened without you!